Catchments Otago Symposium
‘Water, Biodiversity, People’
Monday 9th April, 2018
St Margaret’s College, University of Otago, Dunedin
8.45am start - 5.30pm (8.30am arrival requested)
Register your attendance via the form below - extended to March 20th, 2018.
Draft programme available here.
The University of Otago Research Theme Catchments Otago, a multi-disciplinary theme exploring approaches for sharing natural resources that consider environmental, social and economic outcomes, is hosting a day long symposium focussing on Water & Biodiversity, Water & Society, Water & Health and Water & Movement. Speaker perspectives relating to the four themes will be presented during four 90-minute long sessions, with time throughout the day for fruitful discussions to explore topics raised.
The Organising Committee extend a warm invitation to interested individuals to attend the 9th April 2018 Symposium. Registration and attendance is free and refreshments will be provided.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Hon David Parker, Attorney-General, Minister for Economic Development, Minister for Trade and Export Growth, Minister for the Environment, Associate Minister of Finance
- Michael Baker, Department of Public Health, University of Otago
- Mark Bryan, Managing Director VetSouth
- Pat Garden, Otago Conservation Board Chairperson
- Olga Pantos, Institute of Environmental Science and Research
- Gretchen Robertson, Otago Regional Council, Deputy Chair, Councillor
- Jean-Luc Payan, Manager Natural Hazards, Otago Regional Council
- Jack Heineman, School of Biological Sciences, University of Canterbury
- Christian Zammit, Programme Leader Hydrological Processes and Water Resources NIWA
- Ali Meade, Biodiversity Programme Leader, Environment Southland
- Brian Turner, New Zealand Poet
Please contact Catchments Otago directly if you have not received a confirmation email within 24 hours. email@example.com